Northern California Construction Services Company Handles Accounting and Inventory Management with Sage 100 Contractor
Redding, California – Highway Speciality Company, Inc. provides traffic safety equipment and services for highway projects in Southern and Northern California construction projects. They are a full-service provider that handles all highway construction needs, including traffic control crews, sign production and installation, safety equipment sales and rentals.
“We started Highway Specialty Co. to provide a level of service and professionalism that we saw lacking in this industry. It is our goal to be the #1 in California for service and quality,” said Gerilee Shinn & Dustan Currier, Owners of Highway Specialty Co.
TAG, a California-based Sage Authorized Partner for Sage Construction Software, worked with Highway Specialty Co. to upgrade their accounting system from QuickBooks to Sage 100 Contractor. They were seeking a job cost accounting solution that integrated with their equipment management, inventory control and service needs.
Overview of Sage Construction Software Services Provided by Plumb:
- Personalized software demonstration of Sage 100 Contractor
- Customized pricing to include core modules with add-on features
- Equipment Manager, Inventory and Service & Inventory
- Remote-based Implementation and Data Migration from QuickBooks to Sage 100 Contractor using Plumb methodology
- Webinar-based training with office and field employees
- On-going support and Sage 100 Contractor consulting services
Get more out of your equipment assets with Equipment Management with Sage 100 Contractor:
The integrated Equipment Management add-on module enables Highway Specialty to approach equipment management with an eye on maximizing productivity and profit. Daily field reports and in-depth analytics provide the visibility they need to:
- Build aggressive schedules that maximize productive hours
- Service equipment at the right cycles
- Allocate equipment costs directly to jobs
- Optimize equipment ROI
Job Allocation: Improve job cost data and job profitability analysis by allocating equipment costs to specific jobs.
Maintenance Reports: Take advantage of down time by optimizing your schedule with up-to-the-minute equipment maintenance schedule reports.
Financial Information: Make more informed decisions by analyzing depreciation information with automatically created reports and disbursements.
Rent, Lease, or Buy Analysis: Compare ownership, lease, or rental options to make the right equipment decisions for your company.
Cost Recovery Analysis: Determine the optimal cost recovery rate for each piece of equipment.
Analysis reports: Use cost, maintenance, and revenue records to quickly determine equipment profitability.
Tighten Up Inventory Control with Inventory Application for Sage 100 Contractor. The integrated Inventory add-on module helps track all inventory movement and transactions, whether the inventory is planned or left over from a job.
Inventory Application Benefits:
- See the items and materials you have on hand
- Manage inventory across multiple locations
- Get a complete picture of job costs with inventory charged to the correct job
- Make better purchasing decisions using built-in reports
- Automate restocking processes
- Leverage flexible inventory valuation methods (FIFO, LIFO, or average cost)