Sage 100 Contractor 2017: v20 | v20.5
What am I missing if I don’t upgrade to Sage 100 Contractor 2017 – either version 20 or the newest release version 20.5?
If your construction company is still using Sage 100 Contractor 2014 (v19.8) then you are no longer receiving updates. Why is this important? If you run payroll in-house (or even if you use a payroll provider), you will not be getting the 2018 tax updates. The payroll tax tables for year-end will only be made available to those Sage 100 Contractor users on the 2017 version.
With the newest version you will also receive many enhancements and improvements that were taken from the suggestions of Sage 100 Contractor customers.
Sage 100 Contractor 2017 Highlights:
- In most records, you will have the ability to create an unlimited number of custom fields
- In over 500 fields, you can use more characters and expand the capacity
- 9-5 Takeoff grids allow for the tagging of rows, adding notes and marking for future follow-up
- Select dates with a new standard calendar
- Filter cost codes by Job and Phase
- Filter work orders on the Dispatch Board by date range and unassigned
- Posted payroll transactions can be corrected by period
- Automatic calculation in numeric fields
- Easier access to User Subfolders for Workgroups
Need to upgrade from your Sage 100 Contractor version 19.8 to the new Microsoft SQL platform?
The latest version (Sage 100 Contractor v20 or v20.5) is not an actual upgrade to your existing software, but a new edition all together. So, you must install on your computer or server first, then migrate and test. When you migrate your database, you will be able to login and complete transactions on a trial basis to make sure everything was brought over correctly before you go live. The migration can happen while you are continuing to use Sage 100 Contractor 19.8, so this alleviates the stress of a one-time data dump. Once the testing is complete and database is moved over correctly, you can hit the go live button and start taking advantage of the enhancements.
- Read the step-by-step instructions in the Sage 100 Contractor 2017 Release Notes
- View the Sage 100 Contractor 2017 System Requirements
- Take a tour of Sage 100 Contractor 2017
- Don’t want to install the upgrade on your own? Our Sage 100 Contractor Certified Consultants can work to upgrade your software before year-end.