Sage 100 Contractor vs. Sage 300 CRE
Written by: Macy Samin, Marketing & Communications Associate at Plumb
Most construction accountants tend to think that Sage 100 Contractor and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate are various versions of the same platform, but this perception is incorrect. Both software products offer solutions for estimating, project management, and accounting, but there are more indicators that will help determine which software is the best fit for your company and your construction accounting needs.
Did you know?
Sage 100 Contractor is the new Master Builder program and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate is the new Timberline program. Both systems were acquired by Sage and have a lot of updates and enhancements available to them.
Both construction software programs will help you with:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger
- Service/Inventory Management
- Job Costing
How do you know which software is right for your construction accounting needs?
- Small to Mid-Market vs. Large Enterprise
- Small to mid-size businesses prefer Sage 100 Contractor
- Large Enterprises benefit from Sage 300 CRE
- Work flow process customization
- Businesses with simple work flow processes utilize Sag 100 Contractor
- Companies that have more complex and detailed work-flow require the robustness of Sage 300 CRE
Multi-company & Financial Statement Consolidation
- Sage 300 CRE is able to:
- Track multiple companies within one entity
- Perform intercompany transactions
- Obtain consolidated financial statements
- Sage 100 Contractor’s dashboard is very easy and user friendly
- Icons help navigate throughout the system and users are able to
- Sage 300 CRE’s dashboard is thorough, but also allows users to customize their own work flow processes
Sage 100 Contractor is geared toward smaller companies with less robust construction accounting needs. Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate is geared more toward larger companies that need to accommodate more projects, more complex work-flow processes, and more users working in the system. Larger companies benefit from the added control, automation, and personalized configuration options offered in Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate.
Find out how Sage 100 Contractor vs. Sage 300 CRE can fulfill your construction accounting needs by watching this comparison video.
For a personalized demo of the software, please contact Plumb.