Gas station accounting and bookkeeping, when done correctly, is important for the production of meaningful reports. These financial reports help to accurately track profitability which can improve cash flow. Most gas station owners have multiple locations, which means good time management is key to success. Yet, they don’t have the expertise to handle the accounting to maintain accurate books, inventory management, and cost structure.
Nearly two in three Americans say they live within 5 minutes of a gas station or c-store, according to a recent survey released by NACS. Convenience stores sell approximately 80% of the fuel purchased in the U.S. and nearly half of all gas station customers (48%) also go inside the store when they’re buying gas for easy one-stop shopping.
Plumb is an outsourced accounting firm with a team of accounting experts from bookkeepers to staff accountants and controllers. TAG will help your gas station and c-store by maintaining your books, improving your financial controls and managing cash flow on an fractional or ongoing outsourced basis.
Gas Station Accounting Outsourced Services:
- General bookkeeping – this can be done remotely or on-site
- Setting up internal controls
- Financial statement preparation
- Consolidated reporting – for multiple locations
- Costs by location
- Keeping track of inventory
- Creating inventory enhancements
- Inventory accounting management
- Assistance with payroll
- Sales and use tax filing
- Budget preparation
- QuickBooks accounting support
- Cash flow management
Plumb is your one-stop shop for outsourced accounting for gas stations and convenience stores
Want to request a quote for outsourced accounting services for your gas station or c-stores?
Schedule a Free consultation with a Fractional CFO who specializes in gas station accounting:
- Top 10 Accounting Tasks your Gas Station or C-Store Should Outsource
- Outsourced Accounting – Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Remote Bookkeeping Services: A Cost Effective Approach