Plumb Provides Accounting Outsourcing for Restaurant Franchise
The Oggi’s franchise was originated by two brothers, George and John Hadjis, who began serving up their own pizzeria experience in 1991. Throughout the years, the restaurant concept evolved from a pizzeria style to a sports-themed restaurant, followed by the evolution into the brewing industry. Currently, Oggi’s franchise consists of 15 franchised stores located throughout Southern California and Arizona.
Oggi’s was in need of some true Controller-level accounting and financial services to help them better understand where their business was at in terms of both its financial position and profitability. In addition, being a franchisor, they are subject to an annual audit requirement as per the California Department of Corporations and wanted to ensure compliance on a proactive basis.
Oggi’s hired Plumb as a resource to help with the organization of their books and financial records.
“Not only did Plumb prove that they could immediately help us with our financial statements but they continue to provide timely, accurate financial information and counsel to help us make better business decisions,” said George Hadjis, Owner, Oggi’s Pizza and Brewing Company.
Plumb’s initial and ongoing accounting outsourcing work includes the following:
- Providing outsourced, ongoing, weekly Controller services
- Providing timely, accurate, monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and supporting schedules
- Reconciling bank accounts and monitoring cash flow
- Calculating and recording monthly franchise royalty income
- Separate tracking of franchise advertising fund
- Optimizing the use of QuickBooks
- Assistance with preparation for and finalization of annual financial statement audit
- Providing ongoing accounting system process improvements
- Monthly meetings with management to review financial performance and assess projections
Based on Plumb’s financial expertise and experience within the franchise industry, Oggi’s is now making business decisions based on detailed, accurate and timely financial reporting. Plumb continues to provide cost-effective, outsourced controller support and franchise reporting to Oggi’s.
“We’ve never received better financial reporting as we do now with Plumb,” said Hadjis.
For more information about accounting outsourcing for restaurant or franchise, contact Plumb
Founded in 1996, Plumb’s mission is to help entrepreneurial companies and high-net worth individuals achieve their business and financial goals by providing an unparalleled array of customized, effective and trusted accounting services, software and counsel. Through proprietary systems, Plumb becomes a highly effective extension of internal client operations, ensuring timely, dependable and cost-effective results. Plumb is an authorized Sage and NetSuite solution provider.