SuiteWorld 2014: Adam Baruh Creates a NetSuite Solution in Hackathon 4Good
As part of this year’s SuiteWorld, the NetSuite.org program launched the first annual “Hackathon 4Good”, an event bringing together NetSuite employees, customers and partners to develop innovative solutions to charity challenges. Plumb’s Adam Baruh, NetSuite Consultant participated in Hackathon 4Good and helped create a custom NetSuite solution for two NetSuite.org grantees – Kiva and the Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Kiva facilitates micro-loans to alleviate poverty
- Kiva needed to better show lenders how and where their loans are distributed
Winning NetSuite Customization Solution:
- NetSuite Custom records to track loan data
- CSV import, scheduled script + Kiva APIs to import loan financial data
- Suitelet to visualize how loan gets re-invested over time
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) Challenge:
- PCA delivers workshops for youth athletics coaches
- PCA needed to measure workshop attendance, effectiveness and impact
Winning NetSuite Solution:
- Custom records + SuiteFlow to track workshop events and attendance
- Custom records + online forms to send follow-up surveys
- Dashboard for metrics and visualization of data
- Mobile version of survey
For more information on NetSuite customization, read the blog “NetSuite Tips and Tricks” by Adam Baruh.
Plumb is a NetSuite Solution Provider and Sage Authorized Partner and offers valued financial and business resources for companies on the move. Plumb has over 400 clients in the southern California region and their customizable NetSuite consulting services guarantee a successful transition to NetSuite. Plumb is located at 1227 Prospect Street, Suite 200, La Jolla, CA 92037.