Client: Upwind Solutions, Inc.
Upwind Solutions is a growing organization providing wind turbine engineering and maintenance services to owners of wind farms in the Western Hemisphere.
Industry: Professional Services; Engineering & Maintenance Services
Software Applications Replaced: QuickBooks, Salesforce.com, SR Time and Expense Entry (custom), Tool Watch, and several Excel-based reporting mechanisms.
- Data was fragmented across several applications and reports did not balance with each other. The same data (service items, customers) needed to be maintained in several locations.
- Lack of integration with Sales, Planning, and Operations with feedback mechanisms.
- Timely and actionable reports. Their ability to see monthly business results were delayed by 4 – 6 weeks.
Plumb was referred to Upwind Solutions during the early stages of their NetSuite implementation. Upwind Solutions needed a NetSuite Solution Provider who had expertise in assessing their requirements, identifying the best consultant team and creating a realistic work flow broken down by task, person and date. Some work flows and scripting were known in advance, but Plumb identified other areas where efficiencies could be achieved and completed more accurately and timely. Plumb provided the NetSuite customization, NetSuite training and project management in order to achieve the results.
- Implemented new processes for Sales and Purchase Order Approval
- Full Accounting integration with Inventory Control, Warehouse Management, and Order Fulfillment
- Real-time employee time entry against jobs.
- More frequent and accurate billing of customers
- Opportunities values have a real-time impact on facilities and human resource planning
- 25% reduction in the amount of resources to produce customer invoices
- Plumb came in 15% under-budget
Upwind’s objective for an ERP system was to reduce the number of applications to as few as possible and streamline operations – from the accurate forecast of Sales Opportunities, capture of employee time and materials usage, to the deployment of resources to meet the needs of the customer engagement, with timely and accurate billing.
They had several systems in place to manage their business and NetSuite was their choice for an integrated web-based business software suite with Plumb has their general information systems partner.
For Financial Planning and Analysis, the NetSuite “Advanced Financial Planning” module was implemented by NetSuite Professional Services team. Plumb worked in support of the implementation to generate the data needed for the upload into the application.
From sales to implementation, training to consulting, Plumb’s team of Certified Software Consultants work to improve your efficiency and reporting capabilities with the best accounting software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) systems on the market. Plumb is a Premier Solution Provider of NetSuite and Sage Certified Partner. Plumb is the software Developer/Publisher for Contractor V.