To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Attention: Juliana Nunes
Vice President Accounting Position Overview:
Plumb is a thriving accounting and finance consulting firm based in La Jolla, CA. We are looking for a business-minded person with an entrepreneurial passion to lead our consulting team. With a solid client base, accelerating growth and well respected brand, this individual will have all the tools necessary to manage and grow the division – contributing to our core values of Commitment, Stakeholder Enrichment, and Continuous Improvement. Success will come with: a passion for leadership, an understanding of effective systems, an entrepreneur’s vigor in the creation of opportunities, and the strength to overcome adversity with confidence.
Plumb’s current management team is committed to growing the firm to be a name-brand consulting practice in Southern California. The new VP/GM will be a key component of that success. We are seeking someone who leads by example. The ideal candidate will be proficient in all areas of professional services consulting from sales to oversight of consultants to direct consulting. Although the core services of the division are finance and accounting related, we are looking for a leader with a deep understanding of business, and can apply that understanding to both our clients and our team.
A background in consulting professional services experience is also highly desired. The ideal candidate will be high energy and a generous team player who gets great personal satisfaction at growing clients, employees and colleagues. The ability to recruit and delegate are also essential.
Hands on Team Leader
The VP will be expected to share all skills with employees as a hands-on employee. While holding a Management title, the VP Accounting will be expected to be fully capable and active in providing direct consulting services with Plumb clients. The VP will mentor employees, often through modeling during engagements, to help them maximize their value to their clients and grow accounts.
Duties will also include maximizing revenues, minimizing customer turn-over and insuring that each customer becomes an active promoter and referral source to Plumb. The position will be evaluated and compensated through monthly P&L’s along with customer retention and customer satisfaction surveys.
Desired Skills & Experience
The role will oversee three primary areas:
1. Consulting Management
2. Customer Management
3. Execution of strategy
– Provide ongoing oversight of the profitability of the overall business. VP will recruit consultants and manage workload to insure greatest revenue/profitability for the company.
– Support consultants in meeting professional goals including utilization, client satisfaction, and career goals. The success of the accounting consultants will be a primary duty of the VP of Accounting.
– The VP of Accounting will be the primary executive contact for accounting customers and will insure that the Plumb value proposition is realized by each client.
– By providing a highly professional interface with clients, the VP Accounting will work closely with customers to insure that their expectations are met including client budgets, consulting performance and the timely production of deliverables.
– Maintain strong relationships with referral partners to insure that we work as a team with our clients and referral sources.
– Participate actively at all levels to establish an executable strategy and evangelize the strategic vision throughout the business
– Actively participate in the business community to promote Plumb and the divisions
– Provide Division Status in Management Team and Company meetings
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Juliana Nunes