Learn more about our work with clients in many different industries.
Restaurant / Hospitality
The Oggi’s franchise was originated by two brothers, George and John Hadjis, who began serving up their own pizzeria experience in 1991. Throughout the years, the restaurant concept evolved from a pizzeria style to a sports-themed restaurant, followed by the evolution into the brewing industry. Currently, the Oggi’s franchise consists of 15 franchised stores located throughout Southern California and Arizona.
Oggi’s was in need of some true Controller-level accounting and financial services to help them better understand where their business was at in terms of both its financial position and profitability. In addition, being a franchisor, they are subject to an annual audit requirement as per the California Department of Corporations and wanted to ensure compliance on a proactive basis.
Oggi’s hired Plumb as a resource to help with the organization of their books and financial records. "Not only did Plumb prove that they could immediately help us with our financial statements but they continue to provide timely, accurate financial information and counsel to help us make better business decisions," said George Hadjis, Owner, Oggi’s Pizza and Brewing Company. Plumb's initial and ongoing engagement includes the following:
- Providing outsourced, ongoing, weekly Controller services.
- Providing timely, accurate monthly financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement and supporting schedules.
- Reconciling bank accounts and monitoring cash flow.
- Calculating and recording monthly franchise royalty income.
- Separate tracking of franchise advertising fund.
- Optimizing the use of QuickBooks.
- Assistance with preparation for and finalization of annual financial statement audit.
- Providing ongoing accounting system process improvements.
- Monthly meetings with management to review financial performance and assess projections.
Based on Plumb’s financial expertise and experience within the franchise industry, Oggi’s is now making business decisions based on detailed, accurate and timely financial reporting. Plumb continues to provide cost-effective, outsourced controller support and franchise reporting for Oggi’s.
"We’ve never received better financial reporting as we do now with Plumb,” said Hadjis.